1979 Rolex 18K Yellow Gold 1.15 CTW Diamond Day-Date Wristwatch
A 1979 Rolex Day-Date wristwatch. This unique timepiece features an aftermarket black tone dial displaying diamond hour markers, baton style hands, magnified date window at three o’clock and a day window at the twelve o’clock position. The dial is surrounded by an aftermarket bezel lined with forty-six round brilliant cut diamonds and a non-Rolex nugget style bracelet on the sides utilizing a custom clasp.
- running at time of evaluation without detailed testing, future state not guaranteed.
- some lume plots missing on dial.
- signed screw crown.
- porosity underneath watch band.
- some diamonds are chipped and and nicked.
|Bezel Material:||18K Yellow Gold|
|Case Material:||18K Yellow Gold|
|Caseback Material:||18K Yellow Gold|
|Movement:||3055, 27 Jewels|
|Estimated Production Year:||1979|
|Markings to Inside:||Montres Rolex S.A. 18K 750 GENEVA SWITZERLAND PATENTED #12 KEY OF GENEVA & HELVETIA HALLMARKS|
|Case to Case (mm):||36|
|Lug to Lug (mm):||44|
|Bracelet/Fob Material:||14K Yellow Gold|
|Bracelet/Fob Style:||Nugget Style|
|Total Weight (grams):||144.70|
|Primary Stone Location:||Bezel|
|Primary Stone Type:||Diamond|
|Primary Stone Shape:||Round Brilliant Cut|
|Primary Stone Count:||46|
|Primary Stone Dimensions:||1.70 mm – 1.80 mm|
|Total Primary Stone Carat Weight:||1.00 ctw|
|Primary Stone Color Grade:||H – I|
|Primary Stone Clarity Grade:||I1 – I2|
|Secondary Stone Location:||Dial|
|Secondary Stone Type:||Diamond|
|Secondary Stone Shape:||Round Brilliant Cut , Baguette Cut|
|Secondary Stone Count:||10|
|Secondary Stone Dimensions:||1.50 mm – 2.00 mm x 1.00 mm|
|Total Secondary Stone Carat Weight:||0.15 ctw|
|Secondary Stone Color Grade:||H – I|
|Secondary Stone Clarity Grade:||SI1 – I1|
- Timekeeping accuracy not guaranteed.
- This item has been evaluated and verified by an independent Certified Master Electronic Watchmaker and a Graduate Gemologist.
- EBTH assumes all watches unisex and does not specify the gender of a piece. For size reference, please see the case measurements of the piece listed under Dimensions.
- All diamond and gemstone grading is done under GIA standards as the mounting permits, where gemstones are present; where mountings impede accurate measurements, (estimated) dimensions are provided. All weights and measurements are estimated and approximate; where mountings impede accurate measurements, a calculated estimate is provided. Industry standard and accepted treatments for gemstones are assumed unless otherwise noted.
- Secondhand jewelry may contain minor markings/imperfections throughout.
- While we represent items accurately on our site to the best of our ability, the color calibration of computer monitors can vary, causing colors to appear slightly different from one monitor to another. Due to this, please note that precise color representation of metal and gemstones is not always possible.